The upcoming convention/symposium details are being finalized; the plan is to hold the event virtually for all Beekeepers in Manitoba as a free event to MBA members($25 non-members). The AGM which is required as part of our MBA bylaws will be held at the end of the event.
Draft Schedule: Saturday, February 27
- 12:00 – 12:15 -Opening of the meeting – advertisement display
- 12:15-12:45 -Opening remarks (house keeping) – Mark Friesen
-Adoption of the agenda -Secretary report -motion to allow vote on financial budget, resolutions, and director elections to be held through survey option.
- 12:45-1:30 Amro Zayed -BeeCSI Health Diagnostics Tools for Honey Bees
- 1:30-2:00 Rheal Lafreniere Provincial Update
- 2:00-2:30 MBA AGM
-Presidents remarks -Welcome from the Minister of Agriculture Blaine Pedersen and Marie-Claude Bibeau -Committee Reports
- 2:30-3:30 Rob Currie – Integrated Management of Varroa and its Interacting Stressors to Enhance Winter Survival of Honey Bees
- 3:30 -3:45 – coffee break, advertisement display
- 3:45-4:00- KRTP Introduction and Presentation on programming – Derek Micholson
- 4:00 -5:00
-Financial and budget -Director elections -Resolutions
- 5:00 Adjournment.