The upcoming convention/symposium details are being finalized; the plan is to hold the event virtually for all Beekeepers in Manitoba as a free event to MBA members. The AGM which is required as part of our MBA bylaws will be held at the end of the event.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Draft Schedule: Saturday, February 27
- 12:00 – 12:15 -Opening of the meeting – advertisement display
- 12:15-12:45 -Opening remarks (house keeping) – Ian Steppler
-Adoption of the agenda -Secretary report -motion to allow vote on financial budget, resolutions, and director elections to be held through survey option.
- 12:45-1:30 Amro Zayed -BeeCSI Health Diagnostics Tools for Honey Bees
- 1:30-2:00 Rheal Lafreniere Provincial Update
- 2:00-2:30 MBA AGM
-Presidents remarks -Welcome from the Minister of Agriculture Blaine Pedersen and Marie-Claude Bibeau -Committee Reports
- 2:30-3:30 Rob Currie – Integrated Management of Varroa and its Interacting Stressors to Enhance Winter Survival of Honey Bees
- 3:30 -3:45 – coffee break, advertisement display
- 3:45-4:00- KRTP Introduction and Presentation on programming – Derek Micholson
- 4:00 -5:00
-Awards - Beehive and Lifetime membership Award -Resolutions -Financials and budget -Director elections
- 5:00 Adjournment.