- 2023 Bee Health Monitoring Program *Registration Open
Registration is now open for the 2023 beekeeping season. The Bee Health Monitoring Program is open to all registered beekeepers in Manitoba and aims to increase the accessibility of diagnostic services offered through Veterinary Diagnostic Services in Winnipeg as well as the National Bee Diagnostic Centre in Beaverlodge, AB. Hygienic behaviour testing is also available […]
- KRTP Now Accepting Varroa/Nosema Samples By Mail
- KRTP – Sample Submission Form
- Varroa Resources
- Sacbrood Identification
- Hygienic Testing of Ian Steppler’s Breeder Stock with the KRTP Bee Health Monitoring Program
Ian Steppler added hygienic behaviour testing of his breeder colonies to his KRTP monitoring program sampling. Here we describe the process of hygienic behaviour testing with the KRTP. See the Bee Health Monitoring Program registration form to sign up!
- Field Diagnosis of American Foulbrood (AFB) with Manitoba provincial apiarist Rhéal Lafrenière
Originally recorded as a demonstration video for veterinarian training purposes, this video shows some of the classic symptoms of American Foulbrood in a live honey bee colony, as well as how to prepare a frame sample to submit to Veterinary Diagnostic Services for analysis.
- Knowledge & Research Transfer Program (KRTP)
The KRTP is a brand-new education, research, and extension service of the Manitoba Beekeepers’ Association—aimed at helping all levels of our beekeeping industry adapt & improve the management and health of honey bee colonies across the province.