- Integrated Pest Management of Varroa destructor – Virtual Workshop
Biology, Monitoring, and Control of Varroa with special guests Dr. Rob Currie & Provincial Apiarist Rhéal Lafrenière
- Varroa Resources
- Sacbrood Identification
- Hygienic Testing of Ian Steppler’s Breeder Stock with the KRTP Bee Health Monitoring Program
Ian Steppler added hygienic behaviour testing of his breeder colonies to his KRTP monitoring program sampling. Here we describe the process of hygienic behaviour testing with the KRTP. See the Bee Health Monitoring Program registration form to sign up!
- Field Diagnosis of American Foulbrood (AFB) with Manitoba provincial apiarist Rhéal Lafrenière
Originally recorded as a demonstration video for veterinarian training purposes, this video shows some of the classic symptoms of American Foulbrood in a live honey bee colony, as well as how to prepare a frame sample to submit to Veterinary Diagnostic Services for analysis.
- KRTP – 2022 Bee Health Monitoring Program **Registration Now Open
Registration is now open for the 2022 beekeeping season. The Bee Health Monitoring Program is open to all registered beekeepers in Manitoba and aims to increase the accessibility of diagnostic services offered through Veterinary Diagnostic Services in Winnipeg as well as the National Bee Diagnostic Centre in Beaverlodge, AB. Hygienic behaviour testing is also available […]
- Job Opportunity With the KRTP
The KRTP is searching for a qualified Field/Laboratory Technician for the upcoming 2022 season. Please see the Job Advertisement PDF for details.
- KRTP Services to Beekeepers – Manitoba Bee Health Monitoring Program (**Hygienic behaviour testing now also available)
The Knowledge & Research Transfer Program is excited to announce the release of the Manitoba Bee Health Monitoring Program, open to all registered beekeepers across Manitoba for the 2021 beekeeping season!
- Knowledge & Research Transfer Program (KRTP)
The KRTP is a brand-new education, research, and extension service of the Manitoba Beekeepers’ Association—aimed at helping all levels of our beekeeping industry adapt & improve the management and health of honey bee colonies across the province.